Sunday, November 16, 2014

Brother Bruno's Pizza, Deli and Bagel: A Willy P Classic

If you ask any William Paterson student where the best pizza around campus is 99% will say Brother Bruno's Pizza. Located right off of campus next to Quick Chek, it is an easy five minute walk for hungry students to get some delicious food.

The pizza shop started its own Instagram account at the beginning of the summer (@brotherbrunopizzadeliandbagel) and since then have greatly expanded their menu. They feature dozens of specialty pizza pies from chicken caesar salad pizza to peanut butter and jelly pizza. One night after an especially long day at work, my roommates and I decided to stop in to try some of these crazy pizzas.

We walked into the shop around 10pm and decided that we were going to order two small pies to share between the three of us. We checked out the extensive list of flavors and decided on one half buffalo chicken, half calamari pie and a half french toast and half Nutella pie. After about a 15 minute wait, we were handed two hot, delicious pizzas.

We rushed back to our apartment so we could chow down on these pizzas. We opened them to find that for a small pie, these pizzas were pretty big, definitely enough for the three of us to split. They each had six decent-sized slices. For my first slice I chose Buffalo Chicken. The crust was so crispy and thin, just how I like it. The hot sauce was just the right amount of slice and it was loaded with chicken. I then chose the calamari which again had the same thin, crispy crust. It had a thin layer of a slightly zesty marinara sauce which had slices of fresh mozzarella on top of it. This pie also had a decent amount of fresh fried calamari on it. Never would I have thought to put calamari on a pizza, but whoever did at Bruno's is a genius. It's the perfect combination.


I was pretty full at this point, but I told myself I had to try one of the dessert slices. It was a hard choice, but I chose the Nutella Pie. It had the same delicious crust as the other pie but instead of a savory sauce, it was covered in melted, gooey Nutella, chocolate drizzle and powdered sugar. It was absolute heaven, I don't know why I did not try this sooner. My roommate tried the French Toast pizza and said it was equally as delicious and reminded her of a cinnamon bun. I cannot wait to try a leftover slice of that one!



Overall, these pies were definitely impressive. The creative flavors were executed very well and each one was equally as delicious as the last. I cannot wait to go and try some more varieties. Even better was that for the two pies and a bottle of soda I paid less than $20! A total steal again.

P.S.- This place not only has delicious pizza but they also have sandwiches, homemade bagels, pasta dishes and other entrees for very reasonable prices.

Brother Bruno's Pizza, Deli and Bagel
200 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973) 942-6561
brotherbrunopizza.com


No comments:

Post a Comment